Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

the countdown begins.


NATIONALS is in about 2 months!
I am so utterly, completely, beyond excited for the chance to meet some of the most spectacular, talented, accomplished, and giving teens in the entire nation. 

This is my newest addition to my computer desktop:



This countdown is not towards a competition, but towards an experience. 
My last NAM nationals experience was in 2005, and it changed my life forever. However, as an eager 10-year-old, I spent most of my time in California in awe of everything from the Disney roller coasters to my new ball gown. 
This year, I will be an 18-year-old, ready to learn, explore, and discover more about myself, my limits, and my ambitions. Being among inspirational teens is so empowering, and then getting a chance to meet adorable and eager princesses, jr. pre-teens, and pre-teens and share your own experiences with them and help guide them is such an honor. (S.P.A.R.K. connection anyone?)

But most of all I am excited to be able to spend time with my family, meet new friends, and get every girl excited to SPARK a change in somebody's life. 

So much to prepare for mentally, physically, and pageant-ally too of course.

"First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do."
Epictetus

Shelley Jain

No comments:

Post a Comment