Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

6 days!


There are 6 days left until NAM nationals! 
This picture is from the 2005 New York Pre-teen Pageant- the night that my life changed in a way that is greater than I could have ever imagined. That year was one of the most motivating and inspiring years of my life. Not only was I reminded of the success of perseverance and hard work, but also of the power that an individual can have in the lives of others. 
I met some of the most amazing young women and learned from their great experiences. I realized my spark: helping and empowering others. That was the most important thing of the entire year and really set the foundation for S.P.A.R.K. today. 
Being able to be a role model in my community really opened my eyes to service and all that I could offer- even as an eager and ambitious 10-year-old. That was also a crucial element in my development- realizing the importance of service and giving back to others. 
This year made me fall in love with an organization that still holds my heart today. Thank you National American Miss for giving me the best NAMily a girl could ask for. Thank you for helping me grow confidence. Thank you for helping me define myself and become the young woman I am today!



"Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness."  - Oprah Winfrey

-Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment